Saturday, December 20, 2008

Moisturizer, Exfoliant, and Green Cover Up - Gross!

Just a big girlie share tonight. I've lived most of my life in a temperate climate. I spent a glorious year in Hawaii, where even after gaining a whole bunch of weight, my skin looked awesome (it's the tan - ya know, tan fat looks better than white fat). And, I've survived some really bad sun burns ala Bain de Soleil, that nasty red stuff in a tube and Johnson's Baby Oil - WHAT THE HECK WERE WE THINKING! So, now I find myself in this really weird climate, it's flippin' cold outside and whatever moisture there is, is promptly phase-changed by my breath, and indoors, everywhere, is bone-suckingly dry forced-air heat that you know is causing wrinkles by the minute. It's dermal sabotage - my skin doesn't know what to do. My knee jerk reaction has been to slather on every thick and gooey potion I have - not the best choice - I'm way too old to have zits, but alas, I've further confused my pores. So, I visited a local beauty store to learn what the locals do and how can I camo these dots - enter the Green Stick (yet another 'clicky thing', what up with the clicking?). Does anyone remember when Bare Escentuals was a hole-in-the wall in Los Gatos? No, not the nice place near the bakery, but the closet sized quazi-retail shop where all you could buy was bronzer, green cover up and Chinese Musk Oil. Anyhow, this youngish, flawless-skinned woman(b*&%$) proceeded to cleanse, douse, dab (the green stick), conceal and foundate (is that a word?) my face. I didn't expect it, but she's from Jersey and kind of pushy, so when she said "sit down", I did. Have to say, I liked the look and it didn't feel yucky. Apparently, the keys are 1) wash your darn face at night, religiously, 2) exfoliate, gently, 3) use a brush for everything you apply to your face (saves product), 4) the green stick for red dot recon and 5) slap (well, it's a 'tap-tap') a dab of moisturizer on after your all done. Voila! I'll check in to let you know how the new regime is holding up to the rigors of Rumson.

xoxo P

No comments: