Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Climate Zone 32

I have never seen a 'real' dogwood tree, let alone a pink one. And lilac, OMG my neighbor's entire back fence is all lilac in full bloom - too bad it's just out of my reach or I'd be exercising my Midnight Horticulture removal techniques. My tulips were promptly eaten by a rabbit (I say rabbit, because if it was the deer that tromp down our street at dawn, I'll just be pissed. And BTW, we really do have adorable wild rabbits around here). So, I've finally accepted the fact that I live in a different climate zone (read: frost, snow, heat, humidity). I won't have lemons and oranges gracing my yard. And I'm waiting until after Mother's Day to plant tomatoes (even though it seems really late). Our local garden store guy said there's a chance of one more frost and he didn't want me coming back to him complaining. HA! We'll see.

My NF and I are 'nesting'; decorating the beach cabana. I pulled out my sewing machine today, and hopefully haven't lost my touch. How hard can a few straight seams be - pillows, curtains and a seat cushion? I think it'll look great and will post pictures when it's done. I still don't really know what to expect from this 'scene', but I'm sure it'll be fun (or funny). I keep thinking of Dirty Dancing and Baby!

The kids are in count-down mode - June 19th ends our first school year here in the East. It's been a great experience for all three, and I know they're looking forward to continuing their new frienships over the summer. I can't believe that Andrew will be 18 next month - how did that happen? One more year, then off to college, GEEZ!

Happy day to you all!

xoxo,
P

No comments: