Thursday, February 4, 2010

Punxsutawney Phil was right ... it's still winter

The Ground Hog was right and it snowed here on the same day as proof. How much more evidence do we need people! Despite the illusion that Spring's been sprung in every retail store across America (you're so right Michelle), it is still winter here in NJ and it will be for quite some time. We're bracing ourselves for another blast of cold and snow, so I intend to stock up on all things Super Bowl tomorrow as I will NOT be driving around this weekend. Oh crapit, the drycleaning isn't ready until Saturday, so I'll make one white-knuckle voyage, but that's it!

So, in spite of (yes, I meant to write that) the fact that the retail world is all perky and scantily clad in bright patterns and colors, I'm still wearing my snow boots and down parka. The only color added is my fr-rosey cheeks and an occasional scarf (for warmth not fashion). Actually, my parka is green, but that's only because I refused to be one more in a sea of black down and fur hoods. I'm from California darn it and I dare to be different (like the CA license plates aren't obvious enough). Maybe that's why I still feel spurned every so often.

A few random thoughts about television:

American Idol - yes, but a little 'yes'
Spartacus - Kirk Douglas must be so pissed, and is Lucy Lawless low on funds, geez
Heroes - weekly bonding time with Andrew
The Olympics - can not wait (more excited about that than Valentine's Day)

And about the Super Bowl - Colts baby, all the way!

xoxo,
P

No comments: