Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holy Guacamole Skipito - where's the mexican food?

We've been craving mexican food, you know, Fiesta del Mar meets La Costena, La Salsa in a pinch kind of mexican food - black beans, guac, salsa fresca, refrito beanitos, carnitas, and taquitos! This part of New Jersey can't make a burrito to save their tortillas. We heard a rumor there's a good place in Highlands, need to go soon, poor Andrew is having withdrawals! Did check out an upscale Mexican-ish place called Copper Canyon (http://www.thecoppercanyon.com/) - great margos, delicious food, more great margos!

Did some sightseeing today with the boys. Drove over the bridge to Sea Bright to check out the beaches. There's a strip of Beach Clubs, all buttoned up for the winter, but we wandered around a bit. It's so cool - cabanas, board walks, play structures for the kids, pampas grass on the dunes and lots and lots of beach. It's pretty nice, I have to say, even on a cold winter day. The local moms have schooled me on how to 'get in' - we'll see if I can pull it off. Will let you know next summer!

My youngest is a budding Chef, he wants to be just like his Uncle Craig (http://parkavenyc.com/winter/about.php). On his menu today, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Honestly, he really did help a lot, but here's the funniest part ... we found the recipe on the internet, printed it out and he was so excited to see the Food Network logo - HE'S 5! Oh, did I mention that the 'littles' love to watch 30-Minute Meals. Seriously, they love Rachel Ray. It's such a crack up. We haven't seen it for a while and they're actually asking for it. Do I dare get them the DVDs for Christmas?

My new favorite swear word ... My dear, dear friend in Half Moon Bay with two awesome kids (yous guys know who yous are) shared this with me. Her daughter was really frustrated about something and let loose a "crap-it" - with gusto and conviction, just like any good swear word should be uttered. I love it - CRAPIT - it's gritty enough to feel good, but gentle enough not to offend. Try it!

Anyhow, it's Sunday and I'm off to watch Rob Lowe, I mean Brothers & Sisters (yikes, is this a pattern?).

xoxo P

No comments: