Monday, December 8, 2008

What's normal here .....

OK, so here's what normal is like - 7:00am 19 degrees, grey/blue sky, but cold as a witch's you-know-what. I'm smiling 'cause we all agreed we would not complain about the cold. The kids look so funny all bundled up - only their faces peeking out - and guess what, they're smiling, so it's all good.

Still working on boxes - guess I should just tackle them all, but the truth is - we're short on space. So tackling the boxes actually means 'content triage' - I'm totally procrastinating because it's not my stuff and I'll be darned if I accidentally throw away something precious - that and it's so cold I'm dreading a treck to the garage basement.

Patting myself on the back for getting the Tree Popsicle indoors. It's not a small tree and I think frozen sap weighs more - but gosh darn it - I'm no wuss. It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to get the lights and ornaments on (which usually takes me a few days because for some reason no one wants to help. Could it be that I'm a total tree nazi - ya think?).

The 'littles' had an assessment at a local Tae Kwon Do studio - Picture this, Master Ianacelli (Anthony, for real!) - bald dude, wicked fit, Black Belt, mid 60's, might have had a short stint on the Sopranos - I LOVE THIS PLACE! He's gonna teach my kids - bada bing, bada boom!

Off to watch Heroes - mine and Andrew's bonding time!

xoxo P

No comments: