Wednesday, January 28, 2009

California Blunder - what a goober!

Snow Day be darned, I really needed to keep my chiropractor appointment today. Haven't been since I got here and am feeling really crinky. I head out after clearing most of the snow off the car, no biggie. I can use the wipers to get the rest off - which worked great for about 6 blocks until they stopped. I pulled over, scraped some more ice/snow off the windshield, unjammed the wipers - nada. (crapit) Slink home avoiding other cars and snow plows, mind you I can barely see. Land in my driveway, turn everything off, thinking maybe it'd 'reset magically' somehow. Nope! Called the chiro's office - apologies. Called the Volvo dealer (my new BFF), sounds like a fuse. OK, I can handle that. Get the manual, locate the corresponding fuse box, of course it's in the one under the hood (crapit). Open hood, find box, open box, attempt to pull out fuse - DROP IT DUE TO COLD FINGERS (crapit!). Read quickly to see if that's a bad thing, hmmm is the solenoid a big deal (crapit). Locate extra fuses, inside yet another compartment, of course. Find an extra of the one I just dropped, find an extra of the other one I need (thank goodness for both), find the tool I needed before I dropped the first one (crapit). Replaced the solenoid one, hey the engine starts again. Replaced the windshield wiper one, hey they work too! Put everything back where it belongs (only women do this, BTW) and I'm good to go - freezing and soaking, as the snow turned to rain, but good to go! Whew!

xoxo P

1 comment:

Haute Today said...

OMG. SO FUNNY!!!
You are officially a snow CHAMPION!!