Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crystal structures, 25+ random things .....

One of the things about living here that makes it great is experiencing it through my kids eyes. On school days, as of late, after they're bundled up and we've made the short trek to the car (really it's just a few yards, but when it's 13 degrees, it feels like a trek) they can't wait until I do the windshield thing! Mind you, not the smartest thing to do unless you have the Special Windshield Juice (probably full of antifreeze, that's why it's pink!). Anyhow, it is the coolest thing - one squirt, one wipe and then we wait to see how long it takes for the 'thing to happen' - crystals everywhere in all shapes and sizes - it's absolutely beautiful and they think it's so awesome! Of course, my geeky science mind kicks in and I start explaining about crystal formation and lattice structure. They ignore me, but I could care less - I'm ecstatic that my long term memory is still working.
So we've all seen this email going around - list 25 random things about yourself and share it with everyone. At first, you think, I couldn't possibly think of 25 things I want to share, and by the time your at #13, your editing and re-reading, thinking am I cool enough, am I fun enough, did I mention my family enough, do I sound arrogant, am I self promoting. I'm betting my list would change depending on how I was feeling on any given day. Here's the list I sent, would I make the same list today, maybe, maybe not.

1. My left foot is 1/2 size larger than my right
2. Of course, I color my hair
3. I love cheese
4. My husband flew to Italy to find me and propose.
5. I love to spend time alone
6. Crafty, I am not, but I love my Knifty Knitter!
7. Cooking makes me happy
8. I love books more than shoes
9. I graduated college with honors at 38
10. I am a certified massage therapist
11. I can still name most of the bones and muscles in the human body
12. My brother-in-law calls me and my sister 'the town criers' - we're really sappy
13. I love to sing outloud, but supposedly I'm not that good!
14. I love kimchi
15. I'm embarassingly afraid of riding on motor cycles or ATVs - I prefer to power my own recreational equipment (cycling, paddling)
16. My family has no clue how much tofu they really eat!
17. I spent one week in Paris alone
18. and the other week cycling in the Loire Valley
19. I've snowmobiled in Yellowstone
20. I've been flyfishing in Alaska
21. I ran a 1/2 marathon in the snow in Seattle
22. My three sons are my pride and joy
23. I drove a boat before I drove a car
24. My parents are still married after 50+ years.
25. I live in jeans.

You guys probably have this too, but I just discovered the best yogurt and it's Cho-funny!

Did I mention we're off to Key West in a few days - 10-day forecast mid-70's. Guess that means I get to take my socks off - YAHOO!

OK and last thing, Teleflora did not use "Make Her Thorny" as their Valentine's Day tagline?

xoxo P

2 comments:

From here to New York said...

Ok Girl...WHEN did you move to Jersey? I've been a Jersey girl for well over 10 years now. (Well half Jersey girl and half Portland granola girl). We have to get together! I'm in Kenilworth when I'm out there to fly. I have a car so can we meet for lunch sometime? I would love, love, love, to get together with you.

Well stay as warm as you can and I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation in the Keys.

Your way old friend, Licia

PS I haven't blogged on my blog site yet. Maybe soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Paula,
This is your Auntie Cathi. I'm soooo glad I found you! Please e-mail me @ cjohnsonsmile@yahoo.com. Can't wait to catch up! xoxox