Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Adrenaline


Last Friday night, while slightly Martini-ated, I agreed to workout with one of my NAFs (that's New Acquaintance-Friend) and her personal trainer this morning. I need a jump start, she'd be happy to have a workout partner - sounds great, right? My NAF goes to her gym @5:30am to warm up with cardio, and her trainer works her out @6am for 24 minutes, to be exact. It's a hardcore, no stopping, full load workout that sounded great to me, so I said 'yes' - actually I think I said, 'in the words of Michael Jackson I'll Be There' (what a goober). Anyhow, I got there on time to do cardio and then met Jen - the trainer. No one should be that upbeat @6am, but she was, and with a big smile and an awesome handshake. So no joke - and I'm not a wimp, honestly - within the first 2 minutes of jump rope - I was winded. I'm talking the double foot jump, no hops in between, Sugar Ray Leonard type of jumping rope. I actually had to single foot it a few times just to catch my breath. What a start! From there straight to push ups, then these heinous lungy squat things called "Spider Mans" ... there was a lot more after that, but I'll spare you the details. Either I should have had a little bite to eat before I went, or a sip of coffee, or I'm just pathetically out of shape, but I got home @6:45am, wow, and flopped on the floor until I no longer felt like I had to barf. Geez! And am I going back? You betcha! It's called Adrenaline, check it out!

Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I followed up with a 2 hour walk with another NAF. It'll be interesting to see if I can walk tomorrow!

xoxo
P

1 comment:

Haute Today said...

I'm so impressed. Glad to hear you didn't puke. I would have puked just leaving my house to work out at 530am. What are you? Caaaarazy or something???
Geesh. Go get em tiger!!!

xoxo