Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Green Day and catching up

I'm just enough Irish to love St. Patrick's Day! Not the Green beer kind of celebrating, but Cereal with green milk for breakfast, Corned Beef & Cabbage for dinner and Green Cupcakes for dessert. I know, the food coloring is disgusting, but the kids love it! Everyone left the house today wearing a bit'o the Green and we have a few Leprechaun traps around the house, so we'll see what happens!

On to the random thoughts: Alexander sprained his ankle last week at recess. It's not bad, but it is his first injury, so enough pain to freak him out. He's wearing an aircast (preventatively) and thinks it's pretty cool. Sprained ankles are weird, if you don't let the first one heal really well, you'll be prone to them for the rest of your like (right Shawn?).

Andrew finally got a hair cut - strike up the band! His shadow-fro was starting to scare me! He usually prefers to keep it short, so letting it get 'big' has been interesting. I swear if he had combed it out, it would have been 4 inches deep. Other news, the Crew team finally got on the water yesterday, maiden voyage on the training barge. Andrew said it was great! And, he's been inducted into the National Honor Society. A good week already!

William is enjoying his new karate class. Looks like the months at Hiruko have paid off, he's got a mean front kick. Karate is different from Tae Kwon Do, but he's coming up to speed quickly. He's reading too, so light bulbs are going off left and right. It's so exciting!

You know what's coming when crave meat, and not chocolate ... after how many years, and I'm still surprised by this phenomenon. Not to mention the ensuing mood E-Ride, I swear it gets worse as I get older. It's a good thing Thomas is traveling, he escaped just in time. My poor kids, they must wonder where their 'real' mom went! Don't worry darlings, I'll be back, the Leprechauns hijacked me!

Just got tickets to see Jay Mohr at Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, so I know we'll have a good laugh in a few weeks.

xoxo
P

No comments: