Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nothing like a dose of California!


Ah, I am rejuvenated. Eternal thanks to my peeps for the soul food. I am joyously reminded of who I am in this world - sister, daughter, friend, mom - and have returned to NJ with a renewed sense of strength. Ha, more like balls-to-the-wall determinism. Drove to NY yesterday (ALONE!) to round out the friend tour. Pretty sure I would not have done that 2 months ago, even if it wasn't snowing. I just feel like I'm back in my own skin, and dang, that feels so good.

I drove through the Lincoln Tunnel (that's a trip), and promptly spent 20 minutes stuck in traffic in the Theater District (could have cared less, it was so awesome), took a few minutes to stare at the beautiful ceiling in Grand Central Station (the image of which has been 'created' in so many books I've read), wandered through the Rose Reading Room at the NY Public Library smelling books (remember, I love books more than shoes), enjoyed a delicious lunch at Le Pain Quotidien in Midtown, and took a little stroll down 5th Avenue, oh and past Bryant Park (Project Runway junkie!) - all of this with my dear, dear friend (from California, of course). When I left, despite the specific instructions from the Concierge of how to get back to the Lincoln Tunnel, I missed a turn and ended up right in the middle of Times Square! I've been to New York a few times, but I'm still one of those 'wide-eyed' WOWers. It's just so vibrant, and different, and crowded, and has an unmatchable cool factor. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: