Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring's Been Sprung!

Shades of fresh green leaves and splashes of yellow forsythia; gated-estates along Navesink Road lined with daffodils bursting up from the ground - it's heavenly! Spring is definitely here and the mood is so different; people are smiling and saying hello, kids are playing at the park, everyone's shedding their dark wintery coats and opting for color (literally and otherwise). There's something real about 'the Birth of Spring'; fresh perspectives, renewed committments and of things clean and fresh.

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

~Percy Bysshe Shelley
(click above link to hear Vivaldi's "Spring")

And on a lighter note, I went for a run today with one of my NAF's (now simply, my NF). She's training for a marathon (you go girl!) and I'm going to tag along until I can no longer keep up. Today was great, about 30 minutes, which is an awesome start! I love running, used to do it all the time, I'm not too old for this, it's a mental state of mind - I can do mental!

Happy Spring!

xoxo,
P

No comments: