Monday, March 2, 2009

Blogger's Block

Not sure why, but I have Blogger's Block. I've written half a dozen partial blogs, re-read them and deemed them really boring. Now that we're really 'Here', and I've already shared so much, to chat at you about my day seems so weird! I'll try to keep it interesting, but bear with me, 'cause afterall, I'm still just a girl trying to find a place in the big East, right?

Of note: we did survive our first nor'easter. About 1 and 1/2 feet of snow in less that 24 hours with wind chill temperatures that would surely chill you to the bone. The kids enjoyed a Snow Day and a half with plenty of snowball fights and lots of hot chocolate. The days since have been gloriously sunny with the sky a brilliant blue - a freindly reminder of warmer days to come.

In celebration of the sunshine, I bought some flowers and have begun investigating where I can plop a few tomato plants when the time comes. William, my garden assistant, has been wondering 'where are we going to grow stuff?' - love it. In California, we spent hours in the garden, not that either of us are green thumbs, we just like digging in the dirt. To me, a freshly tilled patch of dirt is simply beautiful.

I guess 'sunshine' is the topic here - yesterday was downright warm. We sat on the front porch basking in sunlight (nursing tiny Martini hangovers), while the kids pummeled each other with slushy snowballs. Three soaking pair of shoes later, we grabbed our scooters and headed to the park. Nothing like warm weather to put a friendly smile on people's faces - no, I'm serious - markedly different vibe when the sun is out around here. Smile and Wave people!


But, not to get too excited, it's supposed to rain for the next three days. It's a good thing to have enjoyed it while it lasted!

xoxo
P



No comments: