Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catching up

Just a speed catch up in between visits ... my sister was just here. Good weather, bad weather, kayaking, karate, New York, walks, Chardonnay (ok and Pinot), Guitar Hero, Crew watching, kid watching, pockets full of 'happies' and 'sillies', books read, weeds picked, boys chased, Peet's (of course), birthday party, NAF's met, a movie, nephews-squared, time gone too fast, tears shed, missing her so. It was heavenly. Now she knows where we are, what it looks like, where we go and who we see. It feels better, but it still makes me sad. I love being with her, she spreads joy and shares her heart - I'm so lucky.

Mom arrives this afternoon! And thankfully, it's supposed to be really warm and sunny for most of her time here. The bulbs are in full bloom everywhere; she will love seeing that. I've warned the littles that the 'manner-nazi' is coming, we'll see if they behave! If not, there's always duck tape and a squirt bottle (story for another time). Might hit the local Pancake Breakfast at the Fair Haven Fire Station on Sunday, William is obsessed with the idea. And the local swanky private school is having their annual "Whale of a Sale" fundraiser this weekend. I'm guessing it'll be like a garage sale in LAH - I hear it's awesome! Not really my gig, but we'll see.

Still fighting this nasty respiratory thing - finally broke down and took some antibiotics - think it's better, but I still sound like a whiskey-swilling chain-smoker - GEEZ!

Love and hugs,
P

No comments: