Thursday, June 11, 2009

The karma continues

Those who know me well are fully aware that I'm a closet-Italophile. Yes, I am certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that in a previous life I was Italian. Go ahead, make fun of me, but I don't care. I have never resonated with another culture like I do (did) in Italy - the pace, the food, the scenery, the art, the history - I love it.

So the karma continues ... I had to take one of the cars in for servicing yesterday. Thankfully, we have one of the oldest Volvo dealerships in the nation right here in our backyard (they're all about historic stuff here). They were kind enough to offer me a loaner, so I didn't have to a) take the shuttle or b) mooch off of my NAFs. The guy is walking me through the loaner lot and I'm wondering what kind of car I get ... yes, a wagon and a Cross Country at that! Call me crazy, but that's the car I really want. So he says, I know it looks old, but it's been very well taken care of. I'll say, 2001 (really '01) greeny-blue, leather interior - yessssss. But the best part, there's an Italian Flag on the back, along with a Sons Of Italy sticker. Karma baby! Gotta love it!

xoxo,

P

No comments: