Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wow, it's Wednesday!

I love Wednesdays - that midpoint inching you closer to the weekend. Check this out, I know, totally geeky, but I wikipedia'd Hump Day - ooohh the God Woden (Woden's Day) - get it! I like 'Oden the Wanderer' better, but oh well.

Anyhow, we're getting closer to the end of school - anyone else feeling like they're on 'function overload'?!? Concerts, parties, paperwork, last minute projects, search for the missing library book. I love it and hate it at the same time. I'm ready for my kids to be out of school, yet I know I'll be begging for a schedule two weeks afterwards. I can't wait for that first morning when we eat breakfast at 9 (ok maybe 10), watch some tube and play Wii. My kids 'hang' really well - must be genetic. I know we'll all be bored by 11:45, so good thing the parks are close by, the beach too, and Sports Camp starts in another week (phew!).

So, FYI - After much due diligence, budget crunching and brain twisting, we're going to buy the house we've been renting. Think: prudent choice, financially smart, great investment. No, it doesn't mean we'll be here forever, just means we got really tired of paying rent when we could be deducting mortgage interest. Can I just tell you, there is something so not stressful about buying a house and not having to move - anything! It's mind boggling!

And now that we'll be NJ homeowners, I finally bought deck furniture so we can enjoy our balmy nights. I have plans to uproot a few 'industrial' shrubs to make room for vegetables and flowers. I am compelled to keep the house a little cleaner and more organized, and everyone is just a little more calm - it's good, very, very good.

Oh and by the way, for those of you who did not see my roses on FB - check this out! This hedge flanks one side of my property (note: white picket fence and recall my December blog post). People actually stop to 'smell my roses' - they're amazing!


Enjoy today!
xoxo,
P

3 comments:

Christine Yum Lenz said...

wah, wah what??? you're buying a house. oy! ur never coming back ru? wahhhh!!!! sniff. ok, i'm happy for you.

Paula said...

yes we are - someday! Just needed to park our mula instead of tossing it out every month! P

Haute Today said...

OMFG! OMG! WHOA!~