Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Itty Bitty Pity Party

Feeling a little blue (no, not as in "it's so freakin' cold" blue), just missing you all, so I did a little retail therapy. Not the Jimmy Choo kind, but the Darlybird kind (affordable and adorable). Here's what I got to make me smile http://www.darlybird.com/fair07.html and here's what I got to make me laugh http://www.darlybird.com/blueq09.html. Me and Vinnie man, we're buds, 'Know your Flow' - too funny. The quips on the case are so hysterical, you just might need to buy one for the laughs.

Anyhow, I finally put my clothes away - no really - I was so bogged down getting everyone else organized (oh, me last, yup, sound familiar). So I now have a complete understanding of why people put their seasonal clothes away. There's not a chance in he-double toothpicks I'll be wearing any of my cute, tissue cotton tops for the next, hmmm, 6 months. Unless of course I find myself on a tropical beach with white sand and a hot Cabana Boy! But seriously, it's weird I've never 'put clothes away' because in Cali you can wear it all year round. Yet another thing to get used to.

Ok, here's another one - you can't park on the street overnight from Dec-Feb because, well, the snow plows gotta get through. Snow Plow, What Snow Plow? I must be in denial. The locals say it's gonna be a ball buster - GREAT, JUST GREAT! I'm completely petrified to drive in snow. After my the 360's on Highway 80 enroute to Tahoe when I was 19 (and the ditch I placed my ex's Porsche into after hitting black ice in Idaho or was it Oregon) I'm a total wuss about winter driving. Heck, I'm even the one in the slow lane when it's raining really hard. Good thing I have Costco (stock up), a big crock pot (chili), and the schools are close by (no driving). Good, another disaster handled!

So Pity Party over - some of you have asked me how I have time to write this blog - it's purely selfish on my part - I don't want you guys to forget me. It's my way of talking to you - I know, not at all the same, especially because the in person part feeds my heart and soul, but this is something, a connection, and I really appreciate your reading it.

love and hugs, P

2 comments:

Haute Today said...

I love your blog. And we miss you, so please don't stop.
As a woman who also moved to NJ with a back snow driving record....I will do some voodoo, and maybe you'll be lucky like I was, and have sub-arctic temperatures, but NO SNOW!!!
I can happen.
When the snow does come...and it will....just remember to 1) not panic when you start to go sideways and 2) turn into the slide.
Otherwise, just THINK about how fit you will be from all of your hoofin around ? eeh?
Do you have skype yet?

xoxox
t

Haute Today said...

ok. my grammar sucks!!!
"bad" snow driving.
"It" can happen....mind you, some would say that "I" am a force of nature...HAH!~~